Action plans and next steps for each task force as discussed at the MECC Leadership Forum on December 8-9, 2014 in Washington, D.C.
- Develop a “Road Show” where 15-20 investors would visit Cairo to get a better sense of business opportunities.
- Create lobby groups to meet with governments to educate about best practices and push for legislative “score cards” to promoting entrepreneurship opportunities and a better business environment.
- Host a series of ‘hackathons’ and competitions for early-stage companies to encourage creativity across the region.
- Publish the Trade Facilitation and Logistics Modernization report in conjunction with the MECC Spring Forum in Cairo.
- Continue research for trade routes and overland passageways for the efficient, cost-effective flow of people and products around the region.
- Building a public-private partnership to bring together the necessary stakeholders who will ensure that recommendations are being acted upon and implemented.
- Work with AmChams and other business organizations to commit to having a certain number of women on their boards by a specific deadline.
- Commission an objective agency/publication to rank companies in terms of their gender diversity and confer special designations for leading companies.
- Create advocacy element to encourage banks to extend financing to women-owned/operated businesses.
- Conduct a survey of legislation in the region to study what legal impediments are preventing women from succeeding in the business environment.
- Host a workshop in Aqaba to examine how the established, thriving industrial zone functions and outline best practices.
- Organize a roadshow around the region to compare and contrast other SEZs and study how SEZs interact with each other.
- Create a document which clearly outlines and organizes existing and planned SEZs and industrial zones.
If you believe you can contribute to a task force’s action plan and goals and would like to get more involved, please fill out this form.